Providing products to the Fire Service since 2002
Select the best method of holding the door after analyzing the door for weight, size, style and if the door has a self closer. Practice using the wedges on a variety of door types and positions to determine the best option for the desired result.
- FFWEDGE is durable, lightweight and will hold open a variety of door types
- Deployment System allows for easy deployment and placement of wedges when wearing gloves
- Wedges can be placed at the top between the door and frame, on the hinge side between the door and frame, or under the door below the knob or handle
- Unique interlocking design allows for wedges to be placed in tandem vertically and horizontally between the door and frame, or under the door as a larger wedge
- Wedges can be hung from a door knob, lever or handle to be used as a room search indicator
- Optional reflective decals make them easy to see with a flashlight in low visibility conditions.
Wedges are available in black or yellow, with or without black, yellow or AWOGS reflective decals.
The TAC-2PK is for use in tactical operations or on the fire ground where doors need to be held open at various positions. The wedges are available in black with or without black reflective decals. The two wedges give emergency services personnel the ability to use in an interlocking configuration.
The Deployment System is available with black or yellow wedges, with black, yellow or AWOGS reflective decals or no decals. The system provides 4 easy access wedges.
Here is the link to Captain Dale Pekel's YouTube video for the Firefighter Wedge and Deployment System. This video demonstrates the applications, use and durability of the product line.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h5f24dbq9g&feature=youtu.be
If a firefighter is not available to control the flow path, the door can be wedged in a partially open/closed position as shown above depending on door type and floor surface friction